Bennett Elementary School is rich in history and in educational excellence. The original building built in 1908, and known as Manassas Agricultural School, was built on land donated by Dr. Maitland C. Bennett and is named in his honor. The school was never used as an agricultural school but served instead as an elementary school used for primary instruction and teacher training courses until 1969 when a New Bennett was built on Stonewall Road. Inthe Fall of 1996, the third and current building was opened and today continues to serve over 800 students in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade.
Bennett School's vision states that we will continue to strive for excellence in education in order to prepare students to function effectively in an ever-changing technological society. Our mission is to focus on lifelong acquisition of skills to interpret, analyze, and communicate ideas in order to solve problems faced by productive citizens of the community. Our entailing School Improvement Plan pursues the mission in a variety of ways,incorporating multi-cultural awareness and technology to achieve academic excellence.
Bennett has a strong and active PTO and parent partners are readily visible in many aspects of the school administration. PTO meetings are held monthly as are School Advisory Council meetings. Minutes from each are posted in the front lobby of the school. Classroom teachers are supported by specialists from special education assistance, gifted/talented assistance,group and individual counseling, art, music and physical education, and information management and technology skills development.The administration, teachers and parents work together to ensure the success of each and every student.